From a financial point of view, Detritus intends to implement a different strategy from that adopted either by open access either by traditional journals in the field. In the former, Authors are required to pay a publication fee, whilst in the latter readers and libraries cover the management costs by subscribing to the individual journal.
Detritus gives FREE ACCESS for readers and FREE PUBLICATION for Authors in order to promote the transfer of scientific knowledge with no economical constraints.
The costs of managing the journal will be funded by the support of a series of institutions and organizations (Universities, Conferences, Companies, public administrations, etc.) with interest in this innovative Project.
Interested parties may fund the Journal through the following:
- subscription to the printed version of the Journal and corporate use of the on-line access platform;
- organization of a launch of special thematic issues linked to specific conferences;
- publication of a call for a special thematic issue linked to a specific conference or other event;
- support of special or supplemental issues comprising papers from a specific conference;
- advertising on the website (banners, newsletter, etc.).